Vallado Red Wine from Douro, Quinta do Vallado, has a very concentrated aroma, with intense mature red fruit aromas and hints of spring flowers, such a violets, and jasmines. It has a nice structure, round tannins, with a long and fresh aftertaste.
This product is no longer in stock
Vallado red wine was made from grapes from the younger vineyards contributed with 80% of the final blend. The remaining 20% came from the very old parts of the vineyards (over 70 year old). The great majority of the wines, both from the old as from the newer vineyards, were fermented in 10.000 kgs stainless steel tanks for a week. A small part of the grapes from the old vineyards were foot trodden and fermented in ‘lagares' for the same period. All wines were fermented under controlled temperature varying between 25º and 27ºC. The finest of the press wine, from a traditional basket press, was also used for ageing for the final blend. 80% aged for 14 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 20% aged in 225 litres used French Oak barrique for 14 months until final blending.
Touriga Franca, Touriga Nacional, Tinta Roriz, Sousão.
Vallado red wine is soft and full of red berry fruits that are laced with solid tannins. It has body and concentration. The ripe fruits balanced by a fresher side to the wine.
Store and Serve Advice:
Store in a cool place (15ºC). Serve at 16ºC-18ºC.
Quinta da Fonte Souto Vinha do Souto is an aromatic and complex red wine. It presents a very rich structure with ripe black fruits, wild fragrances, and slightly smoky notes extremely well integrated in opulent and virtuous tannins that combine perfectly with very soft acidity.
Quinta do Gradil Tanat is a red wine of mineral character and aromas of ripe wild berries, very present in its aromas, of the region of Lisbon. It also has balsamic notes, notes of mint, basil along with a balanced acidity.
Quinta Fonte do Ouro Grande Reserva is a red wine of enormous quality and great aromatic intensity. It presents a vigorous red colour, denoting all its density and showing aromas of ripe black fruits, balsamic notes, and spices. It is a red wine with opulent tannins and austere, with great minerality and highly polished acidity.
Very dark in colour and closed in aroma. The fruit is very expressive in the mouth with elegant and ripe tannins. It has a round aftertaste with chemical and balsamic notes.
Castello D'Alba Grande Reserva Vinhas Velhas is a great red wine from the Douro Valley, which features lots of ripe red fruit aromas well-integrated into the wonderful notes of good wood. It spreads minerality alongside powerful tannins and an amazing acidity.
Tesouro da Sé Private Selection is a magnificent red wine from the Dão wine region that has an irreproachable tannic structure with well-marked mineral notes on delicious notes of ripe black fruits such as cherries and plums. It has soft balsamic notes, vanilla, and tobacco leaf and an extraordinary acidity.